The Great Bay Resource Protection Partnership announced the Spring 2023 recipients of Land Protection Transaction Grant Program grant awards. A total of $61,000 in grant funds will support conservation work on over 939 acres of land. The eight conservation projects provide over $124,000 in matching funds.
The Land Protection Transaction Grant Program assists land trusts, conservation organizations and municipal governments in the Great Bay watershed of New Hampshire a with land protection transaction costs including appraisal, land survey, legal, title, recording fees, easement baseline documentation and environmental assessments. The eligible properties are permanently protected through donation or acquisition of land and conservation easements.
The Spring 2023 grant awards include conservation properties representing a diversity of natural resources including woodlands, agricultural lands and open fields, important wildlife habitats and water resources.
The Spring 2023 Land Protection Transaction Grant Recipients:
- Bear-Paw Regional Greenways, $1,650 Appraisal Grant, Town of Deerfield, NH
- Moose Mountain Regional Greenways, $20,000 Conservation Project Grant, Town of Farmington, NH
- Society for the Protection of NH Forests, $25,000, Conservation Project Grant, New Durham, NH
- Southeast Land Trust of NH, $3,000, Appraisal Grant Town of Rochester, NH
- Southeast Land Trust of NH, $3,350 Appraisal Grant, Town of Newmarket, NH
- Southeast Land Trust of NH, $1,250 Appraisal Grant, Town of Epping, NH
- Southeast Land Trust of NH, $4,000 Appraisal Grant, Town of Dover, NH
- Town of Stratham, $2,750 Appraisal Grant, Town of Stratham, NH
The Land Protection Transaction Grant Program will have a grant round in Fall 2023. Grants will be offered for both Appraisal Grants and Conservation Project Grants. See the Great Bay Partnership website for additional details.
The Great Bay Resource Protection Partnership is a collaboration of conservation organizations in the coastal region that promotes landscape-scale land conservation and stewardship. Funding for the Land Protection Transaction Grant program is provided by the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation, Great Bay 2030 Initiative. The Nature Conservancy serves as the fiscal agent for the Great Bay Resource Protection Partnership grant program.
Full PDF press release.
For questions about the grant program contact us.