The Great Bay Resource Protection Partnership announced the Fall 2020 recipients of Land Protection Transaction Grant Program grant awards. A total of $66,797 in grant funds will support conservation work on 1,117 acres of land. The eight conservation projects provide over $102,000 in matching funds. The Land Protection Transaction Grant Program assists land trusts, conservation organizations and municipal governments in the coastal watershed of New Hampshire and Maine with land protection transaction costs including appraisal, land survey, legal, title, recording fees, easement baseline documentation and environmental assessments. The eligible properties are permanently protected through donation or acquisition of land and conservation easements.
The Fall 2020 grant awards include conservation properties representing a diversity of natural resources including woodlands, agricultural lands and open fields, important wildlife habitats and water resources. Land Protection Transaction Grant Recipients:
- City of Portsmouth, $8,004 Conservation Project Grant, Town of Madbury NH
- Society for the Protection of NH Forests, $3,000 Appraisal Grant, Town of Durham NH
- Society for the Protection of NH Forests, $8,745 Conservation Project Grant, Town of Brookfield NH
- Southeast Land Trust of NH, $2,500 Appraisal Grant, Town of Epping NH
- Southeast Land Trust of NH, $3,500 Appraisal Grant, Town of Durham NH
- Southeast Land Trust of NH, $16,500 Conservation Project Grant, Towns Barrington & Strafford NH
- Three Rivers Land Trust, $20,000 Conservation Project Grant, Town of Springvale ME
The Land Protection Transaction Grant Program will have a grant round in Spring 2021. Grants will be offered for both Appraisal Grants and Conservation Project Grants. See the Great Bay Partnership website for additional details.
The Great Bay Resource Protection Partnership is a collaboration of conservation organizations in the coastal region that promotes landscape-scale land conservation and stewardship. Funding for the Land Protection Transaction Grant program is provided by the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation. The Nature Conservancy serves as the fiscal agent for the Great Bay Resource Protection Partnership grant program.
For questions about the grant program contact us.